Thursday, November 03, 2005

Nature of evil

some people reckon it's just the absence of good, or that Hell is living for eternity while denied the glory of seeing God.

Not so. There

I caught part of the Exorcist III on the goggle box last. An interesting film, it is based on the sequel book to the Exorcist, called Legion. George C.Scott slowly moves about the film casting gravitas whereever he goes. His mini-speech has stuck with me,

From the Imdb.com

"Dt. Kinderman: My wife's mother is visiting, Father, and Tuesday she's cooking us a carp. It's a tasty fish, I'm not against it. But because it's supposedly filled with impurities, Mary's mother buys it alive, and for three days now it's been swimming in my bathtub. Up and down. Cleaning out the impurities. And I hate it. I can't stand the sight of it moving it's gills. Now, you're standing very close to me, Father. Have you noticed? Yes. I haven't had a bath in days. So I never go home until the carp is asleep. I'm afraid that if I see it while it's swimming, I'll kill it. "

the pace of th film put me in mind of another film that I enjoyed but which didn't prove terribly popular. Mr Frost, with Jeff Goldblum. Why don't you try asking Mr. Frost?

Another one is in the mouth of madness which is quite strange indeed.

And whoever thought I had good taste in movies.

There was an enlightening talk in the dark coffee room about strange experiments. And apples and dodgy priests.

No comments: