Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A night at the Proms.

Strange old night, had part of the Proms on Wednesday night including Clarinet Concerto in A major, Mozart. Young 17 year old bloke on the Clarinat and man how those TV lights must have hurt him. A good piece though. Then there was some special commissioned piece for the Queen's birthday which in all honestly I tuned out of due to simple boredom.

Then it seemed like the night turned into a Juliette Lewis tribute as Gilbert Grape and The Other Sister were on at the same time. And then it not being an evening for turning in early due to the general stickiness I caught some Stargate SG-1 and a bit of Dead Like Me.

Dead like me why did that end? It couldn't have been all that expensive and it had going somewhere in its own quirky way. I have to wonder it is a mark of getting to be a complete old geezer that series you like just up and die like that. Amongst ones I've liked and watched pass away before my eyes have been the aforementioned Dead like me, Tru calling, and Cupid. And then there is Firefly, Wonderfalls, which I didn't see first time around but have enjoyed since.

And yet Charmed goes on and on...

No comments: