Friday, September 23, 2005

Like a record, baby

So, what with indoor soccer being off the agenda due to the changes in management style at the arena (arena managers, phutt, they are flithy people, we shall speak of them no more!), I decided that I need to engage in some new form of regular exercise. I looked at all the options and reckoned that since I know how to ride a bike, spinning might be a good choice.

The class I signed up for is the 7.30pm to 8.30pm Tues/Thurs for six weeks, I've done two class so far. What's my opinion you might ask? Well, I see it essentially as aerobics on a bike. you sweat like nobodies business to begin with, and the coordination of moving your arms or whatever while standing and pedalling is a little off putting, but you're not being marked on presentation or style so just do what you can.

I did have one occasion on the first night where my stomach muscles (such as they are) announced that if there was an more strain they'd start to spasm and I'd be dry retching all over the place. Thankfully, we had a breather at that point. And I had a chinese on Wednesday evening and was slightly concerned that I'd be announcing that fact rather loudly during the class. Thankfully, I kept it together. That also would be one of my main reasons for avoiding yoga! Thanks to Billy Connolly for that information.

However, my saddle did decide to tilt upwards during the class which left me a tad sore in a tender place but that will pass. Note to self for the next day, ensure saddle is at the correct angle and securely locked. It can have some quite negative effects!

I'm thinking of going to one of the staff/Postgrad pickup soccer games too! And perhaps the gym for some lifting and such like. I'm toying with the idea of doing the Plassey Christmas 5 mile, but I postively hate running.

No comments: