Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Intelligent Design

Apparently, those who favour the teaching of Intelligent Design as science have adopted the story of Penguins as 'evidence' for their approach. However, I doubt if they would be so quick to adopt this little fellow though it all sees to come naturally to him. Personally, I wasn't aware that the Dark Lord was allowed in on the creation game. I thought he was purely in the peddling of influence game.

The idea was advanced today at coffee, that Intelligent Design should be promoted as being evidence of the work of our alien overlords. Of course, as one of the sanctioned agents of our alien overlords in the area, I was compelled to pooh pooh the idea*

For some reason I'm not getting my Popbitch's each week which is quite annoying.

*for more on pooh, poohing, I refer to the military genius of General Melchett.

General Melchett: Is this true, Blackadder? Did Captain Darling pooh-pooh you?
Captain Blackadder: Well, perhaps a little.
General Melchett: Well, then, damn it all! What more evidence do you need? The pooh-poohing alone is a courtmartial offense!
Captain Blackadder: I can assure you, sir, that the pooh-poohing was purely circumstantial.
General Melchett: Well, I hope so, Blackadder. You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

4 comments:

mgb said...

Heretic. I was under the impression that the mission of us sanctioned agents of the alien overlords (praised be the alien overlords) was to spread the word.

Unknown said...

Spreading the word is all dependent on what the word for the day is.

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Some great info here! Crazy Donkey