Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Liver Spots

Had lunch today in Enzo's cafe on William street. They had a Bacon, Egg, Sausage and Chips for €6.50, but I kinda fancied some beans, tomatos and mushrooms, so I ordered the Mixed Grill.

I should have paid more attention to the type of Grills surrounding the Mixed Grill on the menu.What I got was Bacon, Egg, Sausage Chips, and a Chop! and 3 pieces of liver! €10.90 and a Pot of tea for €1.70. I'm not a big fan of liver at the best of times but 3 pieces! Honestly, you'd live for days on one of those meals. Very nice, and a good pot of tea too. Of such things, life is made.

So, the big match approaches. I'm predicting 2-1 to Ireland, with Clinton Morrison scoring with a volley in the 81st minutes to get the win.

Perhaps, it is all because I still believe in a man called Clinton. Or just that blow to the head in Japan. I seem to get more caught up in the games, now that my best playing days are behind me. Or they would be if I wasn't such a slow runner than they couldn't overtake me every once in a while.

2 comments:

Connie said...

hey Dan, met Ruairi today and told him you said hi! ;) (had mailed him last week to say so too - so your message got relayed ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks! So I'll have to watch my language in future and be careful of the Japan stories I tell!